Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell is asking schools to stop using the 1619 Project, a curriculum aimed at reframing US history around the date of August 1619, when the first slave ship arrived to what would become the US. CNN's Brianna Keiler spoke with the project's founder Nikole Hannah-Jones to get her reaction.
On April 27, a lawsuit was filed in Marion County Circuit Court in which Gov. Eric Holcomb is suing Senate President Pro Tempore Rodric Brady, Speaker of the House of Representatives Todd Huston and the Indiana General Assembly as a whole over its passing of House Enrolled Act 1123 that gives the body the ability to call special sessions.
- May 7 - Fort Wayne's West Central neighborhood benefiting from Electric Works
- May 4 - Tom Didier to announce political plans on May 7
- May 4 - Remodeled ALDI on Fort Wayne's south side reopening soon
- May 6 - Eric Doden to run for governor
- May 10 - Indiana General Assembly overrides Gov. Eric Holcomb veto, limits local health departments' powers
- May 5 - Five chefs to compete for votes at benefit for Oak Hill Farm
- May 4 - Indiana Gov. Eric Holcomb vetoes limits on local health departments' powers
- May 10 - Grants available for Our HEALing cooking classes
- May 10 - Berne Apparel gets patent for apparatus that sorts its products for shipping
- May 6 - WANE 15 news anchor Terra Brantley leaving to lead Fort Wayne Urban League