Greater Fort Wayne Inc. President John Urbahns recently listed the group's economic accomplishments for 2020:
• Fort Wayne winning the 2020 Indiana Community of the Year award, as judged by the Indiana Chamber of Commerce.
• A gain of 1,492 residents via domestic migration, the third consecutive record-breaking year for Allen County (stats released in 2020, covering 2019).
• The third-fastest population growth rate for any metro area in the Great Lakes region.
• Fort Wayne ranking as the hottest real estate market in the U.S. for eight consecutive months (June 2019-January 2020).
• The GFW Inc. website being listed among the 10 "best economic development websites to watch in 2021."
The GFW Inc. team assisted with 20 business expansions in Allen County, with commitments including:
• 1,850+ new jobs.
• More than $69 million in new annual payroll.
• More than $169 million in total investment.
The group also continues to help companies through the pandemic, with:
• 65,000 emails and phone calls to local businesses.
• $1 million in Fort Wayne-Allen County CARES Grants provided to 200+ small businesses and nonprofits (GFW Inc. administered the program in partnership with Allen County and the city of Fort Wayne).
• 17 "Roadmap to a Healthy Reopening" webinars, viewed more than 12,000 times.
"In one of the most challenging years in recent memory, our team at GFW Inc. worked harder than ever to provide a real return on your investment," Urbahns wrote to embers. "And we'll continue doing so. That's why we're here: to build a nationally recognized economy in Allen County — and we can only do that when you're in a position to succeed."