Chamber celebrates Morsches and 150 years

Members of the Whitley County Chamber of Commerce & Visitor’s Center board stopped by Morsches Builders Mart. They met with staff and leaders of the company to present them with a plaque congratulating and thanking them for 150 years of service in the community. Morsches Builders Mart was started in 1871 and was owned by a Simon Jack Peabody. As the company’s website shares, Ferdinand Morsches began working for Peabody, but was quickly promoted, taking on the role of manager for three of the company’s mills. Morsches later took on the role of vice president, and in 1933, after Peabody had died, the mill was renamed the Morsches-Nowels Lumber Company. Morsches later took full ownership, and today the company has grown, but remains a family business.

(0) comments

Welcome to the discussion.

Keep it Clean. Please avoid obscene, vulgar, lewd, racist or sexually-oriented language.
PLEASE TURN OFF YOUR CAPS LOCK.
Don't Threaten. Threats of harming another person will not be tolerated.
Be Truthful. Don't knowingly lie about anyone or anything.
Be Nice. No racism, sexism or any sort of -ism that is degrading to another person.
Be Proactive. Use the 'Report' link on each comment to let us know of abusive posts.
Share with Us. We'd love to hear eyewitness accounts, the history behind an article.