Veteran caregivers, spouses, CHAMPVA recipients and all veterans can now receive the COVID-19 vaccine from VA Northern Indiana Health Care System.
For the month of April, VA Northern Indiana Health Care System will be conducting walk-in J&J COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics every Thursday and Friday at the Fort Wayne and Marion campus from 8:00 a.m. to noon.
Caregivers, spouses, CHAMPVA recipients and veterans who are not enrolled in VANIHCS, call 800-360-8387, ext. 71101, to preregister. Phone lines are open 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Monday-Friday.
Those eligible for the COVID Vaccine include:
• All veterans
Anyone who served in the U.S. military, including:
• National Guard
• Coast Guard
• Commissioned members of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration or the U.S. Public Health Service
• Cadets or midshipmen of the U.S. military academies
• Spouses of veterans
• Those in same-sex and common-law marriages
• Widow or widower of a veteran
• Individuals who characterize their relationship as spousal can receive the vaccine
• Caregivers of a veteran
• Family member or friend who provides care to the veteran
• Anyone who helps the veteran with personal needs such as feeding, bathing, or dressing.
• Anyone who helps the veteran with tasks such as shopping or transportation.
• CHAMPVA Recipients
• Spouses or children of permanently and totally disabled veterans or of veterans who have died from service-connected disabilities
• Recipients must meet CDC vaccine age requirements.
All eligible veterans can continue to schedule an appointments Monday- Wednesday.
To schedule an appointment call 800-360-8387, ext. 75113.
In accordance with the new law, VANIHCS must continue to prioritize vaccinations and healthcare delivery for Veterans already enrolled in VA care.